Applying to Lancaster

Our aim is to make the application process as simple and efficient as possible for you. With this in mind, we would encourage you to apply online using the My Applications website.

To submit an application, simply create an account on the My Applications website and then select ‘Create a new application’ from your homepage once you are logged-in.

Using your account on the My Applications website, you are able to submit applications for the programme(s) which you wish to study, upload supporting documentation and provide us with information about referees. You may apply for all tt娱乐 postgraduate programmes using this method with the exception of the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) and the PgDip/MA in Social Work. These two programmes are administered by external agencies; please refer to the course search for further details.

Current Lancaster Students

If you are a current Lancaster student, or you have recently graduated from Lancaster, we can reduce the amount of information that you will need to provide as part of your application. You will  need to provide only one reference and will not need to supply your Lancaster degree transcript. We will also pre-fill your personal details, ready for you to check.

What do I need to include with my application?

Using the My Applications website

If you use the My Applications website then you will be advised which documentation you need to upload or send to us. We can automatically contact your referees once you have submitted your application, if you ask us to.

The supporting documentation screen will provide you with a list of required documents. These will usually include:

  • Degree certificates and transcripts of previous higher education (college/university) degrees or other courses that you have completed/for which you are currently studying. Note that, for transcripts in languages other than English, a certified English translation will be required
  • Personal Statement
  • Research proposal (for research degrees)
  • References
  • For those for whom English is not their first language, copies of English language test results

Other application methods

If you are unable to use the My Applications website to apply then you may submit a paper application form instead – please contact the appropriate Faculty Admissions Office:

Arts and Social Sciences
Science & Technology
Faculty contact details
Health & Medicine
Faculty contact details